zondag 1 juli 2007

Diana will solve it

Gevonden in de rubriek Libelle Weet Raad, van een plaatselijk gratis krantje:

Dear Diana,
I am a 25-year-old guy and am in love with my maid. She is very good-looking and also a nice person. I don't know if this is love or just an attraction, but I want to get married to her. I always think of her only. But there is a problem, my parents won't allow me to marry her as it is not classy*.
Rishi


Dear Rishi,
Think of it this way. You're not an island. You are going to need moral and financial support from anyplace you can. If you marry this maid, will you still have a support system? People will taunt you and harrass her. Can you live with their barbs? For how long? On one hand, where you say you're in love, you follow it up with contradictory and infantile statement that it could be attraction but you'll marry her nevertheless. Sort out your priorities first.

*classy heeft betrekking op de kastes, en heeft niks met stijlvol vandoen.

Geen opmerkingen: